Are you export ready?
The main goal of music:LX is to promote and develop the careers of Luxembourgish artists in different territories abroad.
We help artists carve a path towards success by taking into account the market potential of the various territories. music:LX’s support is in fact determined by the level of development of the artist and their establishment in the targeted territories.
Do you have activities abroad? Do you have a career plan and strategy? Do you have the right tools? Are you identified by the Luxembourgish cultural institutions? These are the questions you should be able to answer!
Who do we support?
The Board of Administration of music:LX has categorized three types of artists based on their development and their international potential. The support will be proportional to the level of the artist’s development and professionalization.
To fit into a category, the artist must meet most of the criteria.
First of all, music:LX's support is only open to artists :
- with a Luxembourgish citizenship,
- and/or that have a residency in Luxembourg,
- and/or that are firmly anchored in the local music scene.
Established artists within several territories
The artist must:
- have a professional team in the targeted territories : manager, label, agent etc...
- provide a detailed report of concert dates and record sales
- play shows with standard market fees
- play in important venues or festivals
- have media impact
- generate revenue and provide a detailed financial report
- have a communication strategy and efficient tools
This category of artist is likely to receive prioritized and increased support in particular if they want to develop new territories and/or projects. The support will be defined during the annual strategic meeting with music:LX.
The artist must:
- be identified by the Luxembourgish cultural institutions
- spark the interest of foreign professional partners of music:LX
- have started professional guidance, coaching and/or a professional entourage
- have regular activity in several territories (concerts, media visibility, album releases...)
- have defined objectives and a career plan to present to music:LX
- have good communication tools (press kit, technical rider, quality visuals, web presence) and quality audio and video materials
This category of artist is likely to receive support in particular if they want to develop new territories and/or projects. The support will be defined during the annual strategic meeting with music:LX.
The artist must:
- be identified by the Luxembourgish cultural institutions. Note: for pop/rock/electro/R&B/hip hop artists, working with the Rocklab is a plus.
- have export potential (original and quality music, image and live performances)
- have a communication strategy around the artist and up-to-date communication tools (bio, EPK, quality visuals, technical rider)
- have basic knowledge of the music industry
This category of artist is likely to receive support and consultancy from music:LX for their first steps in their career development in one or two neighbouring countries.
What do we support?
music:LX now requires all artists, artist representatives and local structures to submit their application via the forms on each support’s page below.